Ha Duong joined VILAF Hanoi in 2011 after seven years of working as a legal expert at the Supreme People’s Court.
Ha focuses on areas of litigation and arbitration. She also specializes in commercial, employment, investment and corporate laws. She has advised and represented clients before courts or arbitration in a number of cases in the field of infrastructure and construction. She also advises certain foreign-invested companies in solving day-to-day corporate, commercial and labour issues.
Among notable projects in which Thu Ha has participated include:
Arbitration and Litigation
- SK Engineering & Construction (Korea) in VIAC Arbitration – SK Engineering & Construction (Korea) v. Vinalines (Vietnam)
- Binh Minh Trading Company Limited in SIAC Arbitration – Vietnam Maritime Communication and Electronics Company (Vietnam) v. Universal Telecom Services Inc. (US) and Binh Minh Trading Company Limited (Vietnam)
- Sumitomo Mitsui Construction Co., Ltd (Japan) in court proceedings against its subcontractor for Nhat Tan Bridge – Package 1 Project.
- Hino Vietnam, General Motors Vietnam and Ford Vietnam in a number of legal proceedings against their customers/agents.
Corporate and Commercial
- Berjaya Corporation Berhad (Malaysia) in a business cooperation contract with Vietlott for the investment in computerized lottery business in Vietnam
- BC Holdings (United Kingdom) Limited, a subsidiary of British Council, on investment in an education project and establishment of its English teaching centres in Vietnam
- AusAID Alumna
- The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators – Associate (ACIArb)