Katrina Aguila is a Philippine-qualified lawyer with extensive experience in the field of international commercial arbitration and public international law. Prior to joining VILAF, Katrina was a Court Attorney at the Supreme Court of the Philippines for three years and was, at the same time, a Professor of Public International Law at the Universidad de Manila, Philippines.
After her admission to the Philippine bar, Katrina was a Legal Officer at the Office of the Chief Presidential Counsel, the team that advises the President of the Philippines on all legal matters. Thereafter, Katrina worked as counsel in the Department of Justice. Over the years, Katrina has also remained active in the academe, advising law students from various jurisdictions on a broad range of international law issues.
Among notable projects in which Katrina has participated include:
- Las Vegas Sands Corp. on general corporate and industry-specific matters
- Clyde & Co/CMIT on a maritime accident investigation / claim
- Wills bioMerieux International Sales Corporation on doing business in Vietnam and navigation on Labor Law
- bioMerieux on labor law and contractual law matters
- Marina Bay Sands on litigation-related matters and execution of foreign judgments in Vietnam