Kim Anh has practiced law with VILAF for ten years. She has advised many multinational financial institutions and investors in relation to a variety of finance and capital market transactions, including syndicated loans, structured finance, financing of power or infrastructure projects, NEXI facilities with the Ministry of Finance’s guarantees, entrusted lending, derivatives, international bonds, and equity and bond transactions involving public companies and financial institutions in Vietnam.
She has been involved in various M&A transactions and real estate development projects. Not only that, she has also advised numerous foreign investors in a wide range of sectors such as corporate, trade & retail, healthcare, hospitality, energy, infrastructure, insurance and shipping.
Among notable projects in which Kim Anh has participated include:
Capital Markets and Finance
- Vingroup JSC for in the issuance and listing of USD100 million convertible bonds, the type of first time in Vietnam, under the arrangement and underwriting of Credit Suisse;
- Hoang Anh Gia Lai in the issuance and listing of USD90 million straight bonds with the Singapore Stock Exchange, Vietnam’s first international straight bond transaction, in which Credit Suisse was underwriter;
- Citibank Japan in relation to Syndicated Nexi United Facility arranged by Citibank, Mizuho, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank and Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd to Vietnam National Coal and Mineral Industries Holding Corporation Limited with the Ministry of Finance’s guarantee in the amount of USD300 million;
- Citibank Japan in relation to Syndicated Nexi United Facility arranged by Citibank and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust to National Power Transmission Corporation with the Ministry of Finance’s guarantee in the amount of USD255 million;
- Standard Chartered Bank in relation to a syndicated facility arranged by Standard Chartered Bank to Ma San Thai Nguyen Resources Company Limited and Masan Group Corporation in the amount of USD80 million;
- KKR in relation to the acquisition of Masan Consumer with a value of USD159 million;
- United Oversea Bank in relation to the acquisition of Masan Food;
- Stada Service Holding B.V. in relation to the acquisition of Pymepharco Joint Stock Company, a pharmaceutical company in Vietnam;
- International Rectifier Corporation, a US manufacturer of power semiconductors in relation to the acquisition of Sanyo Semiconductor Vietnam;
- VinaCapital in relation to the acquisition of a four-star resort in Phan Thiet, Binh Thuan Province, Vietnam; and
- Gamuda Land in the buy-out of equity stake in Celadon City project. This deal received an award for best M&A deal at the Vietnam M&A Forum of the year 2014-2015.
Energy and Infrastructure
- Phu My 3 on the Long-Term Maintenance Contract with Siemens for Phu My 3 Power Project;
- One of the finalists in the proposed acquisition of ConocoPhillips upstream and pipeline assets in Vietnam. The deal was closed at USD1.3 billion;
- Chevron and Shell Group of Companies in relation to their mid and down-stream oil & gas projects in Vietnam;
- Sumitomo Corporation in relation to its tender for Ho Chi Minh Urban Railway Construction (Ben Thanh – Suoi Tien Section, Line 1); and
- Construction Corporation No.1 (CC1) in relation to a Contract of Package DT-01TBCD “supply and installation of main electro-mechanical equipment” for Dakr’tih Hydropower Project.