Kim Anh has practiced law with VILAF since 2006. She has advised many multinational financial institutions and investors in relation to a variety of finance and capital market transactions, including syndicated loans, structured finance, financing of power or infrastructure projects, NEXI facilities with the Ministry of Finance’s guarantees, international bonds, and equity and bond transactions involving public companies and financial institutions in Vietnam.
She has been involved in various M&A transactions and real estate development projects. Not only that, she has also advised numerous foreign investors in a wide range of sectors such as corporate, trade & retail, aviation, energy, and infrastructure.
Among notable projects in which Kim Anh has participated include:
Capital Markets and Finance
- Goshawk in the financing, leasing, and delivering of 4 Airbus A321 aircrafts to VietJet Air;
- HSBC in arranging a US$ 150 million secured financing transaction to finance Celadon City Project in Ho Chi Minh City and a US$ 120 million secured financing transaction to finance Gamuda Land Residental Project in Ha Noi, both being club deals participated by onshore banks;
- BNP Paribas as arranger in the financing of Airbus aircrafts for AWAS and Vietjet;
- Citibank Japan in relation to Syndicated Nexi United Facility arranged by Citibank, Mizuho, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank and Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd to Vietnam National Coal and Mineral Industries Holding Corporation Limited with the Ministry of Finance’s guarantee in the amount of US$ 300 million;
- Citibank Japan in relation to Syndicated Nexi United Facility arranged by Citibank and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust to National Power Transmission Corporation with the Ministry of Finance’s guarantee in the amount of US$ 255 million;
- Standard Chartered Bank in relation to a syndicated facility arranged by Standard Chartered Bank to Ma San Thai Nguyen Resources Company Limited and Masan Group Corporation in the amount of US$ 80 million;
- Hoang Anh Gia Lai in the issuance and listing of US$ 90 million straight bonds with the Singapore Stock Exchange, Vietnam’s first international straight bond transaction, in which Credit Suisse was underwriter; and
- Vingroup JSC for in the issuance and listing of US$ 100 million convertible bonds with the Singapore Stock Exchange, the type of first time in Vietnam, under the arrangement and underwriting of Credit Suisse.
Private Equity and M&A
- Warburg Pincus in the US$ 200 million joint venture with Becamex IDC to develop a logistic facilities platform in Vietnam;
- Creed Group in investing in debt and equity instruments in a number of residential projects in Ho Chi Minh City;
- Gamuda Land in the buy-out of equity stake in Celadon City project. This deal received an award for best M&A deal at the Vietnam M&A Forum of the year 2014-2015;
- KKR in relation to acquisition of shares in the public company, Masan Consumer, in a chain of two transactions valued at US$350 million;
- United Oversea Bank in relation to the acquisition of Masan Food;Stada Service Holding B.V. in relation to the acquisition of Pymepharco Joint Stock Company, a pharmaceutical company in Vietnam; and
- International Rectifier Corporation, a US manufacturer of power semiconductors in relation to the acquisition of Sanyo Semiconductor Vietnam.
Energy and Infrastructure
- MetroPac Water Investment Corporation (MPW) in the acquisition of 49% equity stake in Tuan Loc Group, one of the largest water supply system builders in Vietnam, which owns a number of water supply projects;
- JBIC and international lenders in relation to Vung Ang II 1,200MW BOT Coal Fired Power Project;
- CPECC in its joint venture acquisition of Jaks Hai Duong BOT Power Project, a US$ 1.87 billion coal-fired power plant in Vietnam;
- One of the finalists in the proposed acquisition of ConocoPhillips upstream and pipeline assets in Vietnam. The deal was closed at US$ 1.3 billion;
- Chevron and Shell Group of Companies in relation to their mid and down-stream oil & gas projects in Vietnam; and
- Sumitomo Corporation in relation to its tender for Ho Chi Minh Urban Railway Construction (Ben Thanh – Suoi Tien Section, Line 1).