Nga has practiced laws at VILAF since 2007 and worked with a Singaporean law firm in Ho Chi Minh City prior to joining VILAF. She has advised many finance and M&A transactions, performed due diligence exercises and advised long-term clients on all legal aspects of their on-going business operations. In particular, she has advised multinational banks, fund managers and corporations like Credit Suisse, ANZ, Mizuho, BNP Paribas, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, KKR, Amata Group, SCG Group, RNK Capital LLC and Creed Group on equity and debt instruments, finance, residential and commercial project financing, M&A and energy-related transactions.
Among notable projects in which Nga has participated include:
M&A and Equity Investments
- Creed Group in investing USD200 million for 20% equity stake holding in Vietnam’s real estate company, An Gia Investment, and 50% equity stake holding in a number of An Gia Investment’s residential projects;
- Kaplan Singapore Pte. Ltd in the acquisition of a Vietnamese English language school;
- SCG Group in the acquisition of capital interests in a packaging company;
- VFM in the acquisition A&B Tower;
- KKR in the acquisition of Masan Consumer in a chain of two transactions valued at USD350 million;
- United Oversea Bank in the acquisition of Masan Food; and
- Fairprice International (2010) Pte. Ltd in the joint venture with Saigon Union of Trading Co-Operatives to operate hypermarkets.
- VIB Bank in the purchase of the Vietnam banking assets from Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Shinhan Card in the US$ 151 million acquisition of Prudential Vietnam Finance Company
Finance and Capital Markets
- Bond issuance by commercial companies and commercial banks.
- The Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange (HOSE) on contracts in connection to HOSE gateway between HSX and securities companies for online securities transactions; and
- VFM on compliance issues, prepared establishment documentations for new funds (member funds and public funds) and assisted VFM with Q&A sessions in general meetings of the fund members or investors
Credit Suisse and JP Morgan, as global coordinators and managers, on a US$390 million concurrent equity placement and convertible bond offering by a leading Vietnamese real estate developer, No Va Land Investment Group Corporation, for a listing on the Singapore Exchange
- B.Grimm Power Public in an acquisition of a joint venture interest in a 420MW solar power project in Tay Ninh province, set to be the largest solar power plant in Southeast Asia
- Member of Vietnam Association of Financial Investors