Ngoc is a qualified Vietnamese lawyer and possesses a wealth of experience in investment, cross-border M&A, corporate, finance, infrastructure, capital market, employment, anti-trust, and tax. Ngoc has likewise been involved in various industries including consumer goods, food and beverages, energy, pharmaceutical, chemicals, real property, healthcare, and water.
Ngoc has been with VILAF for more than 11 years. Prior to joining VILAF, he was with British Petroleum, the operator and major shareholder in the USD 1.3 billion integrated gas-to-power Nam Con Son project, for 3 years as an internal auditor and compliance officer.
He is currently the Vietnam National Reporter for the Tax Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA).
Among notable projects in which Ngoc has participated include:
- Advised Mondelez International in the USD370 million acquisition of the food business of Kinh Do Corporation
- Advised SCG Chemicals in relation to the acquisitions of equity interests of its JV partners in USD5.4 billion Long Son Petrochemicals Project
- Advised MetroPac Water in two acquisitions of shares in local corporate groups owning a number of water projects in Vietnam
- Advised Sumitomo Corporation as the primary contractor in the construction of Ben Thanh – Suoi Tien Metro Line 1 Project, Vietnam’s first metro line project
- Advised Creed Group in investing USD200 million for 20% equity stake holding in Vietnam’s real estate company, An Gia Investment, and 50% equity stake holding in a number of An Gia Investment’s residential projects held via a holding company, to develop “Japanese quality” housing services in Ho Chi Minh City
- Advised TC Flexible Packaging Co, a subsidiary of Siam Cement Group (SCG) in relation to its acquisition of 80% shareholding in BATICO, a Vietnamese packaging manufacturing company in Vietnam
- Advised Hoang Anh Gia Lai Group in the issuance and listing of USD90 million bonds with the Singapore Stock Exchange, Vietnam’s first international straight bond transaction
- Advised Dragon Capital in relation to tax matters in its restructuring and subsequent divestment from convertible bonds and other instruments in Nui Phao Mining Project and Masan Group
- Advised two USD4 billion integrated casino, hotel and residential projects on tax planning issues concerning management fees and casino operation
- Advised a number of petroleum groups in relation to Vietnamese tax matters concerning upstream oil and gas projects
- Advised a number foreign private equity funds on the capital gains tax in M&A transactions