VILAF has increasingly been involved in dispute resolution by arbitration. We have a solid presence in maritime, finance, investment and construction disputes and have always been ranked on the top tiers for Dispute Resolutions by reputable international legal surveys.
In addition, we have represented many clients in dispute resolutions, either by way of out-of-court settlement or before the Vietnamese courts, State agencies or the Vietnam International Arbitration Center.
Below are some of our recent experiences:
- Advised ANZ Bank in a bond underwriting dispute with the claimed amount of approximately USD16 million before the Hanoi court and Supreme Court of Vietnam;
- Advised Mitsubishi Corporation in a potential dispute against Bach Dang Shipyard (a subsidy of Vinashin) in relation to the delivery of deck crane and payment thereof;
- Advised Viet Gazprom against its contractor in relation to a well-drilling accident before the Vietnam International Arbitration Center;
- Advised a five-star hotel in Ho Chi Minh City in a USD55 million dispute over an alleged slot machine win;
- Advised a petroleum company in a HS Code and customs dispute with the Customs Authority before the Court of Vietnam; and
- Advised SK E&C in its claim against Vinalines regarding a breach of the construction contract.