With 23 years of practice and research, Ngoc Anh is a business lawyer with international expertise and local experience on M&A, foreign direct investment, SOE, corporate, real estate, employment, market access, customs and WTO. Ngoc Anh advised Fortune 500 clients in many of Vietnam’s most complex and largest M&A, new foreign investment and regulatory audits and controversies.
Ngoc Anh received his doctoral degree, with distinction, on international trade law from Georgetown University Law Center in 2007. During his time in Washington D.C., he worked for another international law firm on international trade.
Prior to studying in the US, Ngoc Anh worked for the USVTC in Hanoi on various technical assistance programs on Vietnam’s WTO accession negotiation and Vietnam’s implementation of the 2000 US-Vietnam Bilateral Trade Agreement.
- Advised JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation in the acquisition 8% on fully diluted basis into the parent company of Petrolimex
- Advised Ana Holdings, Inc. in the acquisition of 8.771% into Vietnam Airlines JSC
- Advised SMBC Nikko Cordial Securities Company in the acquisition of shares of PSI, a securities broker under PetroVietnam
- Advised a Japanese manufacturer in relation to the acquisition of a paper manufacturing company
- Advised a Japanese Internet company in the acquisition of a Vietnamese software company
- Advised a local distribution company with various electronic stores in issuing new shares to its foreign strategic investors
- Advised a Japanese wiring company in the acquisition of 100% equity in a current manufacturing company in Vietnam
- Advised a Singaporean company in the acquisition of TD Plaza and setting up a new company to operate the service apartment
- Advised a giant Korean investor in the USD1.5 billion new investment project in Vietnam