To many clients and peers, Dang Duong Anh is one of the most reliable and result-oriented Vietnamese lawyers. Dang Duong Anh’s broad experience covers foreign direct investment, corporate and M&A, infrastructure & energy projects, project finance, tax, real estate and property, mining, automobile and telecommunications.
His highlighted M&A transactions include advising Siam Cement Group in acquiring group of cement production companies valued at US$440 million and in acquiring Prime Group valued at about US$240 million; advising Showa Aluminum Can Corporation in acquiring 90% share capital in Hanacans, valued at about US$110 million; advising J-Power in acquiring in and divesting later from Nhon Trach 2 Power Plant; advising Bao Minh Company and SCIC in selling entire equity capital in Bao Minh-CMG to Daiichi Life Insurance, acquisition of a large automobile manufacturer in Hanoi, and other large-scale M&A transactions. His highlighted transactions in infrastructure and project finances include Vinh Tan 1 BOT project which won “Project Finance Deal for Asia 2016” awarded by IFLR, Phu My 3 BOT power project, Kien Luong 1 BOO power project, Ban Phuc nickel mining financing, Thu Duc BOT water project, Oxbow and Enron’s power plants and a large telecommunications project in Hanoi.
Chambers and Partners commented him: “Clients rate him for his “substantial knowledge and experience of complex transactions,” which stems from his international background.” IFLR1000 of the year 2012 comments: “Dang Duong Anh is held in high regard by peers and clients alike: “Partner Dang Duong Anh has knowledge and expertise in relation to the international practice in infrastructure projects,” says a client who “highly recommends” Dang Duong Anh.” Market sources described Dang Duong Anh as “very skilled and responsive” (Chambers & Partners 2017).
- Advised Siam Cement Group in the acquisition of 85% share capital in Prime Group valued at about USD240 million (including debts);
- Advised Showa Aluminum Corporation in the acquisition of 91.75% share capital in Hanacans valued at about USD110 million (including debts);
- Advised in the development of Vinh Tan 1 BOT Power Project;
- Advised in the financing of Phu My 3 BOT Power Plant, Thu Duc BOT water project, and the Ban Phuc Nickel Mining project;
- Advised in the development of a large telecommunications project in Hanoi;
- Advised in a proposed power project in Soc Trang;
- Advised in the acquisition of a large automobile manufacturer in Hanoi; and
- Other M&As and projects in mining, automobile, telecom and petroleum industries.
- Fulbright Alumnus
- 7 years’ experience with another international law firm with offices in Vietnam before joining VILAF