To many clients and peers, Anh Dang is one of the most reliable and result-oriented Vietnamese lawyers. Anh Dang’s broad experience covers foreign direct investment, corporate and M&A, infrastructure & energy projects, project finance, real estate and property, mining, automobile and telecommunications.
Chambers and Partners commented him: “Clients rate him for his ‘substantial knowledge and experience of complex transactions,’ which stems from his international background.” IFLR1000 of the year 2021 comments: Anh Dang has “clear emails and particularly tables of tasks, makes himself available for calls and tasks even at very short notice, good market knowledge.” Market sources described Anh Dang as “very skilled and responsive” (Chambers & Partners 2017 Edition). Anh Dang is also thought by a client to be “hands-on. Constructive legal advice” (Asialaw 2019). Clients value his ability to “provide highly efficient and professional services.” (Chambers & Partners 2021 Edition).
Dang Duong Anh has been awarded by IFLR 1000 as a Leading Lawyer for Financial & Corporate and for Energy & Infrastructure since 2014. AsiaLaw regarded Duong Anh as a Leading Lawyer for Corporate/M&A since 2014. In 2018 it considered him as a Market-leading lawyer and an Elite Practitioner in Corporate/M&A since 2019. Recently, Asia Business Law Journal lists Duong Anh in the list of the Vietnam’s top 100 lawyers. Furthermore, Legal 500, the guide to Asian commercial law firms, has ranked him as a leading lawyer for Corporate/M&A in Vietnam since 2016.
- Advised SCG Packaging Public Company Limited in relation to its combination of the Reg S Rule 144A international offering of 137,344,388 shares to investors outside the United States and Thailand, and domestic offering of 990,205,612 shares to investors in Thailand. This is considered as the country’s second-biggest offering and listing transaction in Thailand for the year of 2020
- Advised the CSG and CPIH as the sponsors in a joint venture with Vietnam National Coal – Mineral Industries Group in the development of Vinh Tan 1 2×600 MW Coal Fired Power Plant on a BOT basis in Vietnam. This project was awarded as the Project Finance Deal of the Year 2016 by two prestigious law magazines – IFLR 1000 and ALB
- Advised a Chinese investor in relation to its proposed acquisition of a BOT Power Project Company in Vietnam
- Advised Siam Cement Group (SCG) in its US$440 million acquisition of CSC and VCM, which at the time of transaction owned most of cement production plants in central Vietnam
- Advised SCG in the acquisition of 85% share capital in Prime Group, valued at about US$240 million (including debts) to become the super major owner of the holding company and more than 20 subsidiaries
- Assisted Foxconn in its IPO and listing in HKX valued at US$350 million
- Assisted Japfa Ltd. in its IPO and listing in SGX valued at US$160 million
- Advised a Japanese investor in relation to the 35% acquisition of shares in Northern Electricity Development and Investment JSC No. 2, a public company registered for trading on the UPCoM who is investing and operating Ngoi Phat hydropower plant and Ngoi Phat Extension plant in Lao Cai province
- Advised the acquisition of 100% stake in GA Power, the sole investor of two solar power projects Ha Tinh
- Advised a Danish investor in relation to its acquisition of a local company who is the owner and the developer of three groups of wind power projects in Gia Lai, Vietnam which span across about nine sites with cumulative capacity of 1.5GW
- Advised Trina Solar Investment in its 100% acquisition of shares in Trung Son Energy Development JSC, who is investing in 35MWp solar power project in Cam Lam, Khanh Hoa, Vietnam
- Advised Shizen Energy in its acquisition of minority stake in a 21MW wind power project and located in Binh Dinh, Vietnam
- Advised Shizen Malaysia in its acquisition of 25% shares of the Charter Capital of the company who is developing a 35MWp Hau Giang Solar Farm Project
- Advised FWD Group in acquiring 85% shares in GiNET Vietnam, an insurance agency who owns 98% shares in an insurance brokerage company
- Advised Daiwa PI Partners to acquire Beta Holding JSC, a company operating in cinema industry
- Advised Country Garden, one of China’s leading integrated property developers, in the acquisition of a real estate project in Vietnam
- Advised China Fortune Land Development Co. in the acquisition of an infrastructure development project in an industrial zone in Vietnam and of a couple of real estate projects in Vietnam
- Advised IS Dongseo Co., Ltd, the 1st corporation specialized in construction and construction materials in Korea, in its acquisition of a residential and commercial apartment building project in Vietnam
- Advised Bao Minh Company and SCIC in selling entire equity capital in Bao Minh-CMG to Daiichi Life Insurance
- Advised J-Power in acquiring in and divesting later from Nhon Trach 2 Power Plant
- Assisted in other highlighted projects such as the Kien Luong 1 BOO power project, the Ban Phuc nickel mining financing project, the Thu Duc BOT water project, the Oxbow and Enron’s power plants; and in many other renewable projects developed by GE, IMPSA, NEXIF and Canadian Solar, etc.
- Acted for Jetstar Pacific Airlines in purchasing 10 Airbus A320 aircraft from Airbus with a loan amount equal to US$118 million to finance the initial payments to Airbus prior to delivery; and in leasing other aircraft transactions and other legal issues in Vietnam
- American Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (AmCham)
- Indian Business Chamber in Vietnam (InCham)
- Go green with new solar regulations and a refreshed model PPA for solar power projects to join the Vietnam Energy Mix, Lexology, 2020
- Recent developments in renewable energy and power sector Vietnam policy outlook – 2020 and beyond, Lexology, 2020
- Restructuring and Insolvency in Vietnam, Restructuring and Insolvency 2019, Chambers Global Practice Guides
- Vietnam Chapter, Global Tax Guide, Bloomberg Tax, 2018 updated in 2020
- Vietnam Jurisdiction, LexisNexis Company Law Guide, 2017 – 2018