To many clients and peers, Anh Dang is one of the most reliable and result-oriented Vietnamese lawyers. Anh Dang’s broad experience covers foreign direct investment, corporate and M&A, infrastructure & energy projects, project finance, tax, real estate and property, mining, automobile and telecommunications.
Chambers and Partners commented him: “Clients rate him for his ‘substantial knowledge and experience of complex transactions,’ which stems from his international background.” IFLR1000 of the year 2012 commented: “Anh Dang is held in high regard by peers and clients alike: ‘Partner Anh Dang has knowledge and expertise in relation to the international practice in infrastructure projects,’ says a client who ‘highly recommends’ Anh Dang.” Market sources described Anh Dang as “very skilled and responsive” (Chambers & Partners 2017). Anh Dang is also thought by a client to be “hands-on. Constructive legal advice” (Asialaw 2019).
- Advised Siam Cement Group (SCG) in its US$440 million acquisition of CSC and VCM, which at the time of transaction owned most of cement production plants in central Vietnam
- Advised SCG in the acquisition of 85% share capital in Prime Group, valued at about US$240 million (including debts) to become the super major owner of the holding company and more than 20 subsidiaries
- Advised Country Garden, one of China’s leading integrated property developers, in the acquisition of a real estate project in Vietnam
- Advised China Fortune Land Development Co. in the acquisition of an infrastructure development project in an industrial zone in Vietnam and of a couple of real estate projects in Vietnam
- Advised IS Dongseo Co., Ltd, the 1st corporation specialized in construction and construction materials in Korea, in its acquisition of a residential and commercial apartment building project in Vietnam
- Advised J-Power in acquiring in and divesting later from Nhon Trach 2 Power Plant
- Advised Bao Minh Company and SCIC in selling entire equity capital in Bao Minh-CMG to Daiichi Life Insurance
- Advised the Chinese project sponsors in a joint venture with Vietnam National Coal – Mineral Industries Group in the development of Vinh Tan 1 2×600 MW Coal Fired Power Plant on a BOT basis in Vietnam. This project was awarded as the Project Finance Deal of the Year 2016 by two prestigious law magazines – IFLR 1000 and ALB
- Assisted in other highlighted projects such as the Kien Luong 1 BOO power project, the Ban Phuc nickel mining financing project, the Thu Duc BOT water project, the Oxbow and Enron’s power plants and in many other renewable projects developed by GE, IMPSA, NEXIF and Canadian Solar, etc.
- Acted for Jetstar Pacific Airlines in purchasing 10 Airbus A320 aircraft from Airbus with a loan amount equal to US$118 million to finance the initial payments to Airbus prior to delivery and in leasing other aircraft transactions and other legal issues in Vietnam
- Assisted Foxconn in its IPO and listing in HKX valued at US$350 million
- Assisted Japfa Ltd. in its IPO and listing in SGX valued at US$160 million
- American Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (AmCham)
- Indian Business Chamber in Vietnam (InCham)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Advisory Excellence, Global Law Expert, Legal Comprehensive, Five Star Law