Hanh Hien Nguyen
Ho Chi Minh City Office
Hanh Hien has practiced laws at VILAF since 2013. She has a banking, finance, capital market and M&A practice.
She particularly advised multinational financial institutions on project and asset finance transactions, 100% foreign owned banks and foreign banks’ branches in Vietnam on day-by-day business legal issues, and foreign investors on making investment in Vietnam securities market.
Hanh Hien was previously seconded to work at BNP Paribas Vietnam and HSBC Vietnam, each for more than a year during her time with VILAF.
Among notable clients Hanh Hien assisted in advising include:
Banking & Finance
- HSBC in arranging a US$150 million secured financing transaction to finance the Celadon City Project in Ho Chi Minh City and a US$120 million secured financing transaction to finance Gamuda Land Residential Project in Hanoi
- China Development Bank in arranging a US$600 million facility provided to Thang Long Thermal Power Plant
- Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ in syndicated Nexi loan to provide US$510 million to finance a highway project connected to Danang. Seventeen Japanese banks participated in this landmark financing transaction. This deal was awarded the “Deal of the Year 2014” for the Asia Pacific region by Euromoney’s Trade Finance Magazine
- ANZ in Phu My 2.2 BOT power project
- ANZ in the sale of its retail banking business in Vietnam to Shinhan Bank Vietnam, involving 125,000 customers and US$240 million in lending assets and US$600 million in deposits
- Bank of China (HK) in the US$151 million acquisition of the banking assets of Bank of China branch in Ho Chi Minh City
- Credit Saison Co., Ltd, a major Japanese credit finance company, in its acquisition of 49% of the equity interest in Ho Chi Minh City Development Commercial Joint Stock Bank Finance Co., Ltd. (HD Finance)
- HSBC Vietnam, as the issuer of VND600 billion unsecured bonds, the first bond issued by a foreign bank in Vietnam, which is recognised as “the best new bond” in Vietnam by The Asset in 2020
- Credit Suisse, as the lead manager, on a US$310 million concurrent equity placement and convertible bond offering by Novaland, for a listing on the Singapore Exchange
- Techcom Securities in the issuance of series of bonds by Vietnamese issuers with the value of up to approx. USD300 million per transaction