Ho Chi Minh City Office
Hanh joined VILAF in 2015, specializing in Dispute Resolution, Employment, and Crisis Management. Before joining VILAF, Hanh worked at the People’s Court of District 1 in Ho Chi Minh City where she assisted the Judge in resolving several economic, labor, and civil disputes.
Hanh was involved in various dispute resolution matters, ranging from construction, commerce, civil, tax, customs, corporate to employment matters. She has also assisted in certain M&A projects and regularly advised clients on corporate, employment matters as well as their day-to-day operation.
She regularly advised clients on contentious matters and proposed practical solutions to deal with such matters.
Among notable clients Hanh assisted in advising include:
- Foreign contractors in construction disputes at the Vietnam International Arbitration Centre (“VIAC”) and Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”)
- An integrated agribusiness and food company in an auditing dispute at the VIAC
- A Korean company in a dispute on a seller’s breach of fundamental warranty under a share purchase agreement at the SIAC
- A global tobacco company in an administrative dispute with a customs department regarding royalty fee
- A Singaporean company in solving shareholders dispute and taking control of their invested company
- A hospitality client in relation to a transfer pricing controversy with the tax authority
- An FMCG client in a dispute with the tax authority and the State Audit of Vietnam regarding additional tax amount imposed on expansion project
- A foreign insurance company in litigation procedures in Vietnam relating to a marine insurance claim
- Foreign investment funds in conducting legal actions against former management of project companies relating to suspicious and irregular transactions and activities
- A foreign-owned company in the termination of a joint venture agreement relating to a real estate project due to a breach of contract by the other party
- A foreign-owned company to deal with intellectual properties’ infringements
- Several foreign-owned companies in employment disputes with their employees
- A foreign investment fund in their investment into a ride-sharing business in Vietnam
- A leading real estate developer in Vietnam in an equity acquisition project with respect to a five-star hotel