Ha is a VILAF partner with expertise in Energy, Infrastructure and Natural Resources. He regularly counsels Fortune 500 clients on many of the most complex acquisitions including concession right negotiations, project development and financing works and dispute resolutions. He has been instrumental in drafting major regulations affecting the Vietnam energy sector. Prior to private practice, Ha managed the Vietnam legal and compliance function of the World Bank/IFC project, Unilever and Unocal (now Chevron).
Ha has been highly recognized in independent legal listings, such as:
- Vietnam’s Leading Individual, Project and Energy, Legal 500 (2013-2014)
- The International Who’s Who of Energy Lawyers, Who’s Who Legal (2013, 2014);
- Leading Lawyer for Projects, Infrastructure, and Energy, Chamber Global (2012);
- The Guide to the World’s Leading Energy Attorneys, Legal Media Group – Euromoney Institutional Investor (2012-2013); and
- The International Who’s Who of Merger & Acquisition Lawyers, by Who’s Who Legal (2010, 2011, 2013, 2014).
- Advised the project sponsors on the development and financing of the South Vietnam Petrochemicals Complex Project worth USD4 billion;
- Advised an energy client on the acquisition of interests in an integrated gas to power development project;
- Advised a major independent energy company on the development and financing of an integrated gas to power development project;
- Advised one of the finalists on the acquisition of ConocoPhillips upstream and pipeline assets in Vietnam;
- Advised a regional energy company with Vietnam petroleum assets on its IPO and listing on SGX worth USD300 million;
- Advised foreign and local midstream companies on the drafting and negotiation of a Gas Transportation Agreement;
- Advised a major power operator on Gas Sales Agreement, loan facility and GGUs.
- Advised a major power operator on drafting and negotiation of its long-term O&M contract;
- Advised a regional energy client on its acquisition of equity interest in two LPG companies;
- Advised a port operator on the acquisition of a major port project in the South Vietnam;
- Advised a Hong Kong-listed company on the acquisition of a major Vietnam-based company worth USD610 million.
- Board Director and Vietnam Director, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN)
- Member of Oil and Gas Law Committee, Power Law Committee, Environment, Health and Safety Law Committee, and Anti-Corruption Committee of the International Bar Association
- Hanoi Bar Association