Ha regularly counsels Fortune 500 clients in many of Vietnam’s most complex and largest acquisitions, concession right negotiations, project development and financing works, disputes, and regulatory audits and controversies. Prior to private practice, Ha managed the Vietnam legal function of Vinaconex, IFC-funded project, Unilever, and Unocal (Chevron).
Ha has been consistently recognized by peers as a leading energy lawyer in independent directories such as Chambers & Partners, Legal 500, and IFLR.
Ha has been instrumental in the formation and drafting of the key policies and regulations for the entire energy chain (traditional power, renewable energy, and oil and gas). He has advised clients in many of the most demanding energy transactions involving complex legal, political, and diplomatic considerations. Ha brings to the table his deep understanding of how project developers (both local and international), Vietnamese SOEs, and Vietnamese authorities operate as well as his strong relationships with governmental agencies and local business community to support the most complex private-public and foreign-local negotiations and dealings.
Ha’s representative experiences include:
- Advised various international and regional project sponsors on the development and financing of large scale gas/LNG to power projects
- Advised renewable energy clients on the development, acquisition, and financing of various solar farm and wind power projects
- Advised international oil and gas clients on the development and commercialization of natural gas discoveries in Vietnam (gas sales and transportation etc.)
- Advised international oil and gas clients on the acquisition of upstream and pipeline assets and concession right (PSC)
- Advised international project sponsors on the development of large scale petrochemical projects
- Advised international energy clients on various IPO transactions