Minh is a Senior Associate of VILAF, specializing in Dispute Resolutions, Corporate/M&A, Employment, and Investigations and Crisis Management.
He has advised and represented various clients in the settlement of disputes in the field of construction, investment, employment, commerce and insurance. His experience includes dispute resolutions at the Vietnamese courts, VIAC, SIAC and ICC. Before joining VILAF, Minh had worked as a collaborator for the Vietnam International Arbitration Centre (VIAC).
Minh has also engaged in various acquisition transactions by foreign investors into local enterprises in different economic sectors, such as automobiles, real estate business, and oil and gas. In addition, he has assisted foreign investors and local companies with corporate/M&A, employment, and anti-trust matters.
Among notable clients Minh assisted in advising include:
- Keangnam Enterprises, Ltd. in a construction dispute of the highest building in Hanoi
- A Provincial People’s Committee in a construction dispute arising from a BT contract
- POSCO E&C Co., Ltd in some of their arbitrations
- A foreign consortium in a construction dispute with a Vietnamese employer
- A Russian contractor in a construction dispute with a Vietnamese employer
- An automobile company in product defect disputes
- A foreign invested company in its employment dispute with an employee in Vietnam
Corporate / M&A
- An automobile company in an acquisition transaction in Vietnam
- An automobile company in a distribution and manufacturing business in Vietnam
- JX Nippon Oil & Energy Corporation in the acquisition 8% on fully diluted basis into the parent company of Petrolimex
- A foreign invested company in its real estate projects and M&A in Vietnam
- An insurance brokerage company in insurance, corporate and employment matters
- A foreign invested company relating to its businesses in the field of tourism and real estate business
- A Korean company in an anti-dumping investigation in Vietnam