Tung T. Ngo is a founding and senior partner of VILAF. Tung served as Managing Partner of VILAF for nine years. As a top leader of VILAF, Tung has transformed VILAF from an affiliate of Clifford Chance to the most respected independent commercial law firm in Vietnam today. Tung is a key figure in the success and growth of VILAF. He is well-known and respected for his “high degree of professionalism” in servicing clients.
Tung has assisted many giant foreign investors, such as Coca Cola, Mercedes Benz, Shell, and Exxon Mobil in establishing their businesses in Vietnam since the country opened its doors to foreign investment in the 1990s. Tung has advised several international companies in M&A, corporate and commercial matters related to Vietnamese laws, as well as P&I Clubs on maritime cases.
Tung is highly respected and has been identified by various well-known international legal magazines, such as Legal 500, Global and Chambers and International Financial Review, as one of the leading lawyers in Vietnam. Tung was recognized by Asia Law & Practice as one of the finest leading lawyers in Asia.
Corporate and M&A
- Advised Gamuda Land in the acquisition of its Vietnamese partners’ shares in Celadon City Project to become the sole owner of this project. Celadon City is a VND25,000 billion urban development project in Tan Phu, Ho Chi Minh City, initially invested by a joint venture of Gamuda Land and Sacomreal;
- Advised Philippine food giant, Jollibee Corporation in its business expansion in Vietnam;
- Advised Sovico Khan Hoa Co. Ltd. on the Evason, Ana Mandara Project on its gaming business;
- Advised Konoike Transport in the acquisition of a storage company and business licensing;
- Advised NIVOVIA A.S. in the acquisition of the local company, GH Group Co., Ltd.;
- Advised Ponderosa Leather Goods Co. Inc. in the acquisition of Samho Company Limited; and
- Advised Thien Huong Co., Ltd. in the acquisition of Au Lac Company and share transfer in Phu Minh, and STPI JSC.
- Represented West of England, HK, the owner of M/t Kasco in the collision case between M/t Kasco and Jetty B of Saigon Petro;
- Advised Bao Viet Tokio Marine Insurance on a marine insurance claim for alleged theft of cargo which involved fraud on the part of the assured; and
- Advised Prudential Vietnam Fund Managing Co. Ltd. on its civil liabilities arising from a high-profile case involving fraud and appropriation of assets by its agents.