Hung has been a recognised leading lawyer in Banking & Finance and Capital Markets by various international legal magazines, such as the International Who’s Who of Capital Markets Lawyers, IFLR 1000, Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, and AsiaLaw. AsiaLaw has recommended Hung as a Leading Lawyer in Capital Markets since 2015. From 2016, IFLR 1000 has recognised him as a leading lawyer in Financial and Corporate law. Recently, Hung is listed in the list of Vietnam’s top 100 lawyers conducted by Asia Business Law Journal.
Peers agree that Hung is “skilled at taking on finance work” and “also an adept handler of capital markets matters”.
Hung’s practice includes asset finance, foreign direct investment, banking & capital markets, M&A and project finance.
- Advised Hong Phong 1 Energy in relation to the loan from ING Bank and the Bond Issue Guaranteed by CGIF. This is the first project bond for renewable energy project guaranteed by CGIF in Vietnam
- Advised in the financing of nearly US$800 million for the Keangnam Landmark Tower (the tallest building in Vietnam) by a group of Korean financial institutions
- Advised in the first domestic syndication in a total amount of US$225 million by Vietnamese banks led by PetroVietnam Finance Corporation (PVFC) for an offshore investment project in the energy sector
- Advised in the issuance of US$200 million high-yield bonds listed on the SGX-ST by Vingroup JSC
- Advised in the acquisition by Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank of strategic stake in a domestic bank and BIDV Leasing Company
- Advised in the acquisition of Prudential Vietnam Finance Company by Shinhan Card Ltd
- Advised in a series of domestic bonds guaranteed by CGIF (a trust fund of ADB), such as the issuance of VND2,318 billion bonds by Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Corporation, VND9,000 billion bonds by Masan Consumer Holding, VND1,135 billion by Mobile World Investment Corporation or VND2,330 billion by Hoan My Medical Corporation
- Advised in the US$180 million refinancing of the Bitexco Financial Tower
- American Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (AmCham)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Asia Pacific Loan Market Association (APLMA)
- Law and Practice Main Section – Vietnam, Private Wealth 2019, Chambers Global Practice Guides 2019
- A guide to cross-border financing in Vietnam, IFLR Cross-Border Financing Report 2019