Hung has been a recognised leading lawyer in Banking & Finance and Capital Markets by various international legal magazines, such as the International Who’s Who of Capital Markets Lawyers, IFLR1000, Legal 500, Chambers & Partners, and AsiaLaw. Peers agree that Hung is “skilled at taking on finance work” and “also an adept handler of capital markets matters”.
Hung’s practice includes asset finance, foreign direct investment, banking & capital markets, M&A and project finance.
- Advised in the financing of nearly US$800 million for the Keangnam Landmark Tower (the tallest building in Vietnam) by a group of Korean financial institutions
- Advised in the first domestic syndication in a total amount of US$225 million by Vietnamese banks led by PetroVietnam Finance Corporation (PVFC) for an offshore investment project in the energy sector
- Advised in the issuance of US$200 million high-yield bonds listed on the SGX-ST by Vingroup JSC
- Advised in the issuance of bonds with warrants (the first of its kind in Vietnam) with a value of US$100 million by FPT Corporation
- Advised in the acquisition of Prudential Vietnam Finance Company by Shinhan Card Ltd.
- Advised in a series of domestic bonds guaranteed by CGIF (a trust fund of ADB), such as the issuance of VND 2,318 billion bonds by Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Corporation, VND 9,000 billion bonds by Masan Consumer Holding, VND 1,135 billion by Mobile World Investment Corporation or VND 2,330 billion by Hoan My Medical Corporation
- Advised in the US$180 million refinancing of the Bitexco Financial Tower
- Advised in various bond issuances by large Vietnamese corporations, such as Vietnam Coal-Minerals Industries Group, Song Da Corporation and Hoa Phat JSC
- American Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam (AmCham)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Asia Pacific Loan Market Association (APLMA)