Tung’s practice includes areas of banking and finance, M&A and capital markets.
Tung possesses immense knowledge and experience in various aspects of banking law. While at VILAF, Tung was on secondments with BNP Paribas and HSBC.
He has also been recognized as ALB Asia 40 Under 40 2022, a Notable Practitioner in M&A by Asialaw, and a Rising Star Leading Lawyer by IFLR1000 in Banking and Finance.
Among notable clients Tung assisted in advising include:
Banking and Finance
- Kasikornbank and Military Bank (as mandated lead arrangers and lenders) and other onshore and offshore lenders being First Commercial Bank, Agricultural Bank of China Limited (Hanoi branch), China Construction Bank (HCMC branch), CTBC Bank Company Ltd. and E.SUN Commercial Bank (Dong Nai branch) in the US$100 million syndicated loan facility to Loc Troi Group to fund its expansion of high-quality rice production
- B.Grimm Power Public in the USD160.5 million secured financing its 240MW Dau Tieng 2 Project, arranged by ADB and Leading Asia’s Private Infrastructure Fund (LEAP)
- HSBC in arranging a US$150 million secured financing transaction to finance the Celadon City Project in Ho Chi Minh City and a US$120 million secured financing transaction to finance Gamuda Land Residential Project in Ha Noi
- China Development Bank in arranging a US$600 million facility provided to Thang Long Thermal Power Plant
- Bank of Tokyo – Mitsubishi UFJ in syndicated Nexi loan to provide USD510 million to finance a highway project connected to Da Nang. Seventeen Japanese banks participated in this landmark financing transaction. This deal was awarded the “Deal of the Year 2014” for the Asia Pacific region by Euromoney’s Trade Finance Magazine.
- BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole and Standard Chartered Bank as arrangers in the US$125 million Reserve Based Lending Facility to SOCO International, secured against the group’s producing assets in Vietnam, which include Te Giac Trang Field of Block 16-1, Ca Ngu Vang field of Block 9-2 and Blocks 125 & 126 offshore Vietnam
- ANZ in the sale of its retail banking business in Vietnam to Shinhan Bank Vietnam, involving 125,000 customers and US$ 240 million in lending assets and US$ 600 million in deposits
- Bank of China (HK) in the US$ 151 million acquisition of the banking assets of Bank of China branch in Ho Chi Minh City
- HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd, as the issuer, on a first ever bond issued by a foreign bank in Vietnam which was awarded as the “best new bond of Vietnam” in 2020 by TheAssets
- CGIF, as the guarantor, on a VND1.135 trillion bonds issued by PAN Group
- Credit Suisse, as the lead manager, on a US$310 million concurrent equity placement and convertible bond offering by Novaland, for a listing on the Singapore Exchange
- TCBS in the issuance of series of bonds for various clients
- Nam Long Investment Corporation (NLG), a leading affordable housing developer in Ho Chi Minh City in the issuance of VND500 billion convertible bonds to Keppel Land