Tung’s practice includes areas of banking, asset finance, project finance and energy, real estate finance, capital markets and M&A transactions.
Tung possesses immense knowledge and experience in various aspects of banking law. While at VILAF, Tung was once on secondment as a legal advisor for more than a year with BNP Paribas.
Among notable projects in which Tung has participated include:
Banking and Finance
- HSBC in arranging a US$150 million secured financing transaction to finance the Celadon City Project in Ho Chi Minh City and a US$120 million secured financing transaction to finance Gamuda Land Residential Project in Ha Noi
- China Development Bank in arranging a US$600 million facility provided to Thang Long Thermal Power Plant
- Bank of Tokyo – Mitsubishi UFJ in syndicated Nexi loan to provide USD510 million to finance a highway project connected to Da Nang. Seventeen Japanese banks participated in this landmark financing transaction. This deal was awarded the “Deal of the Year 2014” for the Asia Pacific region by Euromoney’s Trade Finance Magazine
- ANZ in Phu My 2.2 BOT power project
- ANZ in the sale of its retail banking business in Vietnam to Shinhan Bank Vietnam, involving 125,000 customers and US$ 240 million in lending assets and US$ 600 million in deposits
- Bank of China (HK) in the US$ 151 million acquisition of the banking assets of Bank of China branch in Ho Chi Minh City
- Credit Saison Co., Ltd, a major Japanese credit finance company, in its acquisition of 49% of the equity interest in Ho Chi Minh City Development Commercial Joint Stock Bank Finance Co., Ltd. (HD Finance)
- Credit Suisse, as the lead manager, on a US$310 million concurrent equity placement and convertible bond offering by Novaland, for a listing on the Singapore Exchange
- Techcom Securities in the issuance of series of bonds with aggregate value of VND2,150 billion by Novaland
- Nam Long Investment Corporation (NLG), a leading affordable housing developer in Ho Chi Minh City in the issuance of VND500 billion convertible bonds to Keppel Land