Tung’s practice includes areas of banking and finance, M&A and capital markets.
Tung possesses immense knowledge and experience in various aspects of banking law. While at VILAF, Tung was on secondments with BNP Paribas and HSBC.
He has also been recognized as ALB Asia 40 Under 40 2022, a Notable Practitioner in M&A by Asialaw, and a Rising Star Leading Lawyer by IFLR1000 in Banking and Finance.
Among notable clients Tung assisted in advising include:
Banking and Finance
- HSBC in arranging a US$150 million secured financing transaction to finance the Celadon City Project in Ho Chi Minh City and a US$120 million secured financing transaction to finance Gamuda Land Residential Project in Ha Noi
- China Development Bank in arranging a US$600 million facility provided to Thang Long Thermal Power Plant
- Bank of Tokyo – Mitsubishi UFJ in syndicated Nexi loan to provide USD510 million to finance a highway project connected to Da Nang. Seventeen Japanese banks participated in this landmark financing transaction. This deal was awarded the “Deal of the Year 2014” for the Asia Pacific region by Euromoney’s Trade Finance Magazine.
- ANZ in Phu My 2.2 BOT power project
- BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole and Standard Chartered Bank as arrangers in the US$125 million Reserve Based Lending Facility to SOCO International, secured against the group’s producing assets in Vietnam, which include Te Giac Trang Field of Block 16-1, Ca Ngu Vang field of Block 9-2 and Blocks 125 & 126 offshore Vietnam
- Crédit Agricole as Facility Agent and Security Trustee in the US$350 million RBL Facility to Ophir, secured by, among others, Chim Sao field in Vietnam
- ANZ in the sale of its retail banking business in Vietnam to Shinhan Bank Vietnam, involving 125,000 customers and US$ 240 million in lending assets and US$ 600 million in deposits
- Bank of China (HK) in the US$ 151 million acquisition of the banking assets of Bank of China branch in Ho Chi Minh City
- Credit Saison Co., Ltd, a major Japanese credit finance company, in its acquisition of 49% of the equity interest in Ho Chi Minh City Development Commercial Joint Stock Bank Finance Co., Ltd. (HD Finance)
- HSBC Bank (Vietnam) Ltd, as the issuer, on a first ever bond issued by a foreign bank in Vietnam which was awarded as the “best new bond of Vietnam” in 2020 by TheAssets
- CGIF, as the guarantor, on a VND1.135 trillion bonds issued by PAN Group
- Credit Suisse, as the lead manager, on a US$310 million concurrent equity placement and convertible bond offering by Novaland, for a listing on the Singapore Exchange
- TCBS in the issuance of series of bonds for various clients
- Hanwa Energy, on a convertible loan issued by BCG Energy
- Nam Long Investment Corporation (NLG), a leading affordable housing developer in Ho Chi Minh City in the issuance of VND500 billion convertible bonds to Keppel Land