A former policy researcher and law-maker in a ministerial agency of the Government of Vietnam, Lam joined VILAF Hanoi in 2008.
Lam specializes in foreign investment, M&A, infrastructure, power, corporate laws and mining. Lam’s work ethic and preciseness are vastly appreciated by clients in the mining practice as well as in other fields of his practice.
Among notable projects in which Lam has participated include:
- A consortium of Korean lender in Nam Dinh 1 power BOT project on matters relating to its proposed power investments in Vietnam;
- IMPSA (Argentina) on matters relating to its proposed wind power investments in Vietnam;
- Siam Cement Group in the acquisition of 85% share capital in Prime Group valued at about USD240 million (including debts);
- Showa Aluminum Corporation in the acquisition of 91.75% share capital in Hanacans valued at about USD110 million (including debts);
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in the acquisition of majority shares in a listed financial institution of Vietnam;
- Field study on public law in Denmark and the Netherlands (2006);
- Participation to formulation of several laws and regulations (2005-2007);
- Author and co-author of a number of studies on public laws and administration (2004-2007); and
- Participation to a number of projects on public administration funded by international donors in Vietnam, including the World Bank, ADB, SIDA, DANIDA, CID