Quynh regularly advises leading multinational companies in Vietnam in various industries, such as insurance, shipping and real estate. He has also advised multinational real estate developers, pharmaceutical companies and oil and gas companies in cross-border M&A transactions. He has a strong presence in M&A and capital markets transactions involving public companies and transactions involving the transfer of a large package of assets including employees. He also actively advises PE funds in equity and bond investments.
Quynh was named an In-House Community Commended External Counsel 2016; was recognized in ALB’s List of 40 Under 40 in 2016; named by IFLR1000 as a Notable Practitioner and by AsiaLaw as a Distinguished Practitioner; recognized as Asialaw’s Leading Lawyer 2018 in Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution & Litigation, Shipping, Maritime & Aviation; and Benchmark Litigation’s Litigation Star for 2020.
Before becoming a VILAF partner, Quynh was a professor of law at the Ho Chi Minh City Law University for four years.
- Advised Mondelez International in its US$370 million acquisition of the food business of listed company Kinh Do Corporation
- Advised a Japanese investor in the acquisition and subsequent sale of Centre Point Tower
- Advised Total in the acquisition of several LPG projects in Vietnam
- Advised STADA in the acquisition of shares in a public pharmaceutical company in Vietnam
- Advised ANZ in the sale of its retail banking business in Vietnam to Shinhan Bank Vietnam, involving 125,000 customers and US$240 million in lending assets and US$600 million in deposits
- Advised Credit Suisse, as underwriter, on a US$310 million concurrent equity placement and convertible bond offering by a leading Vietnamese real estate developer, No Va Land Investment Group Corporation, for a listing on the Singapore Exchange
- Advised VinaCapital and Dragon Capital in an investment in No Va Land Investment Group Corporation