Hien joined VILAF in 2007. He has extensive experience in litigation and arbitration in various forums including the Vietnamese courts, VIAC and SIAC for more than 15 years.
He regularly works with several international law firms in the settlement of maritime, commercial, insurance and investment disputes in Vietnam and other jurisdictions.
He has advised a number of multinational insurance, pharmaceutical, chemical, foods and wood manufacturing companies in cross-border M&A transactions as well as their day-to-day operations.
In addition to dispute resolution, Hien also advises state-owned entities and multi-national enterprises on general corporate, employment and M&A.
Hien was named as a future star by Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific 2018 and 2020 in Commercial and Transactions. He is also named in 2019 as a Next Generation Lawyer by The Legal 500.
Among notable projects in which Hien has participated include:
- Advised ACL An Nam Singapore on shareholders disputes and taking control of their invested company
- Represented ZENITH Label Vietnam in commercial dispute with their service provider
- Represented Bank of Communications, Ho Chi Minh City Branch in their debt recovery
- Advised foreign international lenders to collect loans granted to Vietnamese enterprises
- Advised IKEA Vietnam on employment disputes with their foreign managers
- Advised Mondelez International in its acquisition of 80% of equity stake in Kinh Do Group’s snack business for USD370 million
- Advised Gamuda Land in the acquisition of its Vietnamese partners’ shares in Celadon City Project to become the sole owner of this project. Celadon City is a VND25,000 billion urban development project in Tan Phu, Ho Chi Minh City, initially invested by a joint venture of Gamuda Land and Sacomreal
- Advised an investment fund in their investment into ride sharing business
- Advised a Japanese investor in the acquisition of Centre Point Tower
- Advised IKEA Vietnam in registration of additional business lines that were not committed by Vietnam to WTO