Phong is recommended as a leading lawyer in the Banking & Finance and Capital Market practice (Legal 500 and IFLR1000) and the M&A practice (Legal 500 and Chambers).
With his broad experience, Phong has represented numerous international sponsors and lenders in relation to large-scale projects in oil & gas, power, chemical, automobile, aircraft, sea-port, highway, telecommunication, insurance, real estate development, retail and distribution and consumer goods industries.
Phong is a highly-regarded attorney for his admirable capacity to provide practical solutions that suit the clients’ needs and requirements.
The Legal 500, 2007 edition commented, “‘Amenable, responsive and service-orientated,’ Tran Tuan Phong is considered a leading light for M&A, acting for global brands.”
- Advised Siam City Cement Public Company Limited in acquiring LafargeHolcim Vietnam
- Advised together with Credit Suisse for the new equity issue in Vietcombank
- Advised TE Healthcare and TPG in acquiring of shares of Hanh Phuc Hospital JSC in Binh Duong, Vietnam
- Advised Citibank and DVB in a financing of two Boeing B787 aircrafts of Vietnam Airlines
- Advised Marubeni – Kepco consortium in financing of BOT power project Nghi Son 2
- Worked in another international law firm with offices in Vietnam and VILAF since 1995 until 2000
- One of the founders of VILAF international business practice since 1999
- Fulbright Scholarship awardee