Duyen is recommended as a Leading Lawyer in Vietnam by IFLR1000 and Legal 500 in M&A Practice, Energy & Infrastructure Practice and Finance Practice, and as an Elite Practitioner by Asialaw in Banking and Finance, Corporate and M&A.
Duyen is active in advising multinational companies in the financial service sectors, energy, infrastructure, fintech and real estate sectors.
She advises foreign investors, issuers, financial institutions and private equity funds in relation to cross-border M&A transactions, bond investment and debt instruments in private and public companies in Vietnam.
She advises multinational banks and fintech companies in financing transactions, debt instruments, finance regulatory matters, derivatives, project financing, and M&A transactions.
Recent international awards:
Named in the 2020 and 2021 IFLR1000 Women Leaders, the IFLR1000 annual list recognizing 300 leading female transaction lawyers with “impressive track record” in the world, based on experience and feedback from clients and peers.
Named a 2020 Asialaw Client Service Excellence Outstanding Lawyer, the Asialaw results of its annual list of highest rated lawyers in a survey of clients in Asia.
Awarded a 2020 In-house Community Commended External Counsel of the Year, the Asian-mena Counsel In-house Community recognition based entirely on the votes and testimonials of in-house counsels in Asia.
M&A and Equity Investments
- Advised the founding shareholders in the US$240 million sale of 100% equity stake in Thinh Phat Cables and Dovina to Stark Corporation
- Advised Mondelez International in its US$370 million acquisition of the food business of listed company Kinh Do Corporation
- Advised Nawaplastic Industries in the US$ 100 million acquisition of shares in Binh Minh Plastic in sovereign fund SCIC’s divestment
- Advised Warburg Pincus in the US$200 million joint venture with Becamex IDC to develop industrial and logistic properties in Vietnam
- Advised Asahi Glass Co (AGC) in the acquisition of all equity interests of Petronas Chemicals in Phu My Plastic and Chemicals
- Advised a consortium of foreign investors in acquiring a controlling equity interest in South Hoi An Project, which is a US$4 billion integrated project of casino, hotels and residential units in Vietnam
- Advised Golden Springs Group in the US$334 million sale of 75% of the equity stake in Gold Coin Management Holdings Ltd to Philippines conglomerate Aboitiz Equity Ventures
Energy and Infrastructure
- Advised SCG Chemicals in a US$126 million sequence of transactions to buy out 25% and 29% of the equity stakes in Long Son Petrochemicals Company Limited (LSP) from Qatar Petroleum and PetroVietnam respectively to become the sole owner of the US$5.4 billion LSP petrochemicals complex
- Advised B.Grimm Power Public in an acquisition of a joint venture interest in a 420MW solar power project in Tay Ninh province, set to be the largest solar power plant in Southeast Asia
- Advised CPECC in its joint venture acquisition of Jaks Hai Duong BOT Power Project, a US$1.87 billion coal-fired power plant in Vietnam
- Advised JBIC as arranger in the financing of 2×600 MW Coal-fired Vung Ang 2 Power Project on a BOT basis in Vietnam
- Advised JBIC and international lenders in the financing of Phu My 2.2 BOT Power Project
- Advised MetroPac Water Investments Corporation in a number of acquisitions of water treatment projects in Vietnam, including the acquisition of 49% of equity stakes in Tuan Loc Water Resources, which owns a number of water projects in Vietnam
- Advised Sumitomo Corporation as the primary contractor in relation to Ben Thanh – Suoi Tien Metro Line 1 Project
Finance and Capital Markets
- Advised Credit Suisse and JP Morgan, as global coordinators and managers, on a chain of US$390 million concurrent equity placement and convertible bond offering by a leading Vietnamese real estate developer, No Va Land Investment Group Corporation, under Reg S and Rule 144A, for a listing on the Singapore Exchange
- Advised Hoang Anh Gia Lai as issuer, in the US$90 million international issue of bonds for listing on the Singapore Exchange, with Credit Suisse as underwriter
- Advised Bank of Tokyo – Mitsubishi UFJ in a US$510 million syndicated Nexi loan to finance La Son – Tuy Loan highway project connected to Da Nang
- Advised Deutsche Bank in the arrangement of a US$200 million secured loan facility to finance Vingroup’s urban development project in the South of Vietnam
- Advised BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole and Standard Chartered Bank as arrangers in the US$125 million Reserve Based Lending Facility to SOCO International, secured against the Group’s producing assets in Vietnam, which include Te Giac Trang Field of Block 16-1, Ca Ngu Vang field of Block 9-2 and Blocks 125 & 126 offshore Vietnam
- Advised international lessors and financial institutions in various financing and leasing of aircrafts for Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet
- Advised BNP Paribas in a Reserve Based Lending Facility to finance a participating interest in an oil and gas project offshore Vietnam of an international petroleum operator
- Advised HSBC in arranging a US$150 million secured financing transaction to finance the Celadon City Project in Ho Chi Minh City and a US$120 million secured financing transaction to finance Gamuda Land Residential Project in Ha Noi
M&A in finance sector
- Advised ANZ in the sale of its retail banking business in Vietnam to Shinhan Bank Vietnam, involving 125,000 customers and US$ 240 million in lending assets and US$ 600 million in deposits
- Advised Bank of China (HK) in the US$ 151 million acquisition of the banking assets of Bank of China branch in Ho Chi Minh City
- Advised VIB Bank in the purchase of the Vietnam banking assets from Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Advised Shinhan Card in the US$ 151 million acquisition of Prudential Vietnam Finance Company
American Chamber of Commerce
Vietnam Business Lawyers Club
International Bar Association
Vietnam International Law Association