Trung joined VILAF in 2009 and was promoted as Counsel in 2016.
He has participated in numerous domestic and international bonds issuance transactions and assisted a wide-range of lenders in their lending and project financing activities in Vietnam.
As the key member in the aviation team of VILAF, Trung has actively assisted the parties (such as Avolon, AWAS, Macquarie, VietJet etc.) in various aircraft financing deals for purchasing/refinancing aircrafts in Vietnam.
Among notable projects in which Trung has participated include:
- Masan Consumer Holdings in relation to its bond issuance of VND9,000 billion – this is the largest size corporate bonds ever issued in the Vietnamese market
- Vingroup in its corporate bond issuance of VND2,000 billion by private placement, this is one of the very first corporate bonds that are listed in the HCMC Stock Exchange
- Becamex in its bond issuance of VND3,000 billion
- Standard Chartered Bank in relation to a USD300 million loan to Vietnam Development Bank
- A consortium of foreign lenders in relation to USD181 million loans to Bitexco
- SMBC in relation to USD100 million loans to BIDV
- Standard Chartered Bank (Vietnam) in relation to a secured USD100 million loan to VietinBank
- International investors (HSBC, DB, Morgan Stanley, Intesa San Paolo, BNP Paribas, SBI Holdings, SCG, CPECC) in acquiring shares of Vietnamese credit institutions and companies (e.g., Habubank, Bao Viet Insurance, Gateway Securities, Vietcombank, VIB Bank, FPT Securities, Prime Group, Hai Duong 2x600MW BOT project)
- Foreign investors in financial markets, consumer goods, and mineral industries
- Certificate of Merit, Hanoi Bar, 2011