Backed with a market leading Banking & Finance Practice and strong background in Technology and Infrastructure sectors, VILAF has become a partner of electronic payment providers, trading platforms, investment platforms, e-commerce platforms, asset managers, venture capital funds, and financial institutions in the FinTech practice.
We additionally advise established players on leveraging technological innovation, protecting and enhancing their technology and trade secrets, developing new business models, drafting and negotiating fintech cooperation contracts among financial institutions and/or electronic payment providers, and establishing efficient compliance with applicable law and regulation.
We also advise M&A transactions, investment transactions and capital markets transactions in the FinTech sectors.
Among fintech products we have advised include digital banking, card programs, digital insurance, e-wallets, e-commerce platforms, blockchain and cryptocurrency, payment gateways, alternative lending, advertising platforms, anti-money laundering, data privacy and cybersecurity, regulatory compliance, banking infrastructure, wealth management, and risk management in the sector.
Below are some of VILAF’s credentials in this field:
- Advised Wecash (Asia Pacific) Pte. Ltd. on peer-to-peer lending platform
- Advised Alipay on various matters of their business that includes financial and online payment solution and NAPAS agreement on data privacy
- Advised Asiapay, an electronic payment solution company on their business
- Advised FinOS Technology Vietnam Single-Member LLC on fintech business models
- Advised Torque Trading on a memorandum on cryptocurrency business model
- Advised a Singaporean law firm regarding electronic payment network matters
- Advised UK/Korean law firm on a dispute brought to the SIAC regarding share sale and purchase agreement on electronic payment services
- Advised a Japanese bank in deal structure in due diligent, transaction documents and control of closing share acquisitions in a Vietnamese e-payment service company
- Advised a Hongkong E-trading financial corporation in relation to their online investment services
- Advised Societe General on a mobile phone payment system
- Acting for MasterCard in relation to its private leased circuits in Vietnam and other regulatory telecommunications matters
- Advised the Network for Electronic Transfers (NETS) regarding credit card processing
- Advised SMBC on transactions through electronic method
- Advised Clifford Chance on Deutsche Bank’s payment and collection factories
- Advised Unitus Impact Partners, LLC. Relating to Mobivi-Viet Phu Payment Services Support Corporation (Jones Day)
- Advised and reviewed the Share Purchase Agreement of Moca Technology and Services Corporation, a company operating in the field of mobile payment
- Advised and reviewed the Share Purchase Agreement of FinUp Financial Technology Group Limited, a company dedicated to leveraging proprietary big data technologies to drive financial technology innovation
- Advised a US-investment firm in lending structure and transactions with Vietnamese borrowers operating peer-to-peer platforms