VILAF regularly advises foreign clients in shipping and logistic industries, including matters relating to ship building, charter party, insurance claims, vessel collision, environmental matters, and WTO and investment law issues in connection with foreign investment in shipping, port operation and logistic industries.
Below are some of our notable experiences in this practice:
- Advised Phuoc Long ICD Port and Long Phuoc Trading Service and Transport Co. in their cargo claims matter
- Advised Sea Logistics (VN) Company Limited in various matters including the Hiep Phuoc project and internal restructuring
- Advised BIDV Quang Tru Branch on ship financing to Anh Vu JSC
- Advised Ehlermann Rindfleisch Gadow on the delivery of vessel in Vietnam (E.R. Bilbao, E.R. Basel, E.R. Bornholm)
- Advised DBS Bank on mortgage over receivables by Strategic Marine (V) Co., Ltd.
- Advised American Bureau of Shipping on its corporate matters
- Advised APM Saigon Shipping Co., in various matters including bills of lading dispute, freight collection, and trademark registration
- Advised on the acquisition of shares in TCIT by NYK from Han Jin Shipping
- Advised the America Bureau of Shipping in various matters including entry in Vietnam, their independent contractor issues, and setting up of a representative office
- Advised Cuchi Shipping Co. Ltd. regarding an issue on a cargo damage